Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sephora, The Gym, Three Days Off

Really does life get better than this? I love having time off, it's one of my favorite parts of working. I have two whole weeks off and I'm very excited. I had originally scheduled a trip to Mexico, but it seems to be a bad weekend for that so Plan B. (Side note: I love how Logan kisses Rory, at least at the beginning of the episode because from the preview I know he’s won’t be doing that by the end. And if I ever have an ex husband I really want him to be like Christopher.) Anyway Plan B. Hearst Castle, kayaking in Morro Bay, I hear I may need a wetsuit, luckily I was thinking of picking one up tomorrow, you think I’m kidding but I’m not. So this should be very fun. Then on Sunday I’m off to Lake Tahoe!! Super excited about this too, Maria is going to teach me to snowboard, yes me, I’m becoming quite athletic with the whole gym thing. Which brings me to the gym, now the whole class thing hasn’t been working out, but today I decided I was just going to make it. 8pm, gravity class, I was sooo there. Early! So of course the class was cancelled. So this left with me with two other options, jazz/funk - hmm, is that really the first class I wanted to jump into, hmmm no. But me so quick to judge decided to go with Kundalini yoga. So once again I’m early, five minutes, nothing crazy. The other class goes ten minutes late. But I’m okay with this, so I go sit down the instructor talks for thirty minutes THIRTY MINUTES PEOPLE. I about freaked out everything from him speeding on the freeway, unity of yoga and marriage, the government and laws and how they box us in, it just kept on going, oh yes and they should hang a picture of Jesus in the yoga center, but the staff at the Y thought it might be offensive, now I understand it’s a Christian organization but personally would not like to get all hot and sweaty in front of him, even to me that seems a little wrong. The gym is not a sacred place, sure maybe in the administrative office but in the actual gym, and he’s like – people are just afraid, the whole city is afraid, I can’t even smile at the cashier at the grocery store, they just freak out, of my spirit is just TOO MUCH for them to handle. Thirty minutes people. Then they started with the breathing – breathing good, then the Ohms lots of very loud Ohms. So I had horrible work out, 20 minutes doesn’t do anything, that’s no calories, no fat burned – nothing! (I ate a ColdStone caramel temptation – I needed to burn some serious calories!) What a waste, I tried to go back but I just sat for almost forty minutes doing nothing. I tried an extra five minutes but I couldn’t get into it so Plan B (lots of these today) went and steamed instead—Kelly you are a genius, the steam room always cheers me up.
I can’t believe I let myself in to Sephora, without any real intentions. I mean if you go in for something specific its much better, but thinking you may want some moisturizer without knowing much else, man, not good, $150 later I ended up with two face washes, a moisturizer and sun block. You know for the past month I’ve been washing and moisturizing just fine but one step into Sephora you wonder how you even got to this moment without all the crap you are buying, luckily it all has good packaging and lovely smells so I think it will be worth it, I don’t want to be a wrinkled hag at 30 now do I?
Can’t even wait for tomorrow, who knows what I’ll end up with. Maybe a new wetsuit, and hopefully I’ll make the 9am gravity class, that’s funny 9am. The mysteries of tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sauna's are wonderful, aren't they?

You will learn which classes work for you. I personally will not do: spinning, aerobics, kick-boxing, anything involving steps(I trip).

However, I love hot Tai Chi and Yoga...the abs+buns kind they offered at Crunch in NYC absolutely rocked! However, you have to watch Tai Chi since many of the classes are designed for old people and seriously suck.

What is a gravity class?

Also a fun thing to sign up for is dance classes. Adding ballet in college was a great addition to my workout schedule.

Anonymous said...

Sephora is evil.

Especially the Benefit area.

The perfumes give me less of a shopping issue because I am so picky about perfume(you remember how long it took me to pick some out last time).

Anonymous said...

You're evil. Just reading your blog made me go to the sephora website...