Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Really... this whole working out thing?

So I just came from my second work out. 2.5 miles in just over 40 minutes. A full episode of Wonderfalls kept me going the whole time. As I walked really fast it occurred to me that there must be more to this than what I was currently doing. I know people use weights but I don’t know where the weight section is. There seems to be a lot of basketball and racquet ball, but I don’t if you can just use the courts or if you sign up or where you would sign up. Do you bring your own basketball, I’m finding it very complicated and I still can’t find the room that has the gravity class. I also noticed everyone was a lot more sweaty than me. I was in the target heart rate for cardio but that’s over the target heart rate for low intensity fat burn. I really don’t know what that means. And I’m in a horrible mood right now. There was little parking issue when I first got there, which didn’t so much bother me while working out – thanks to the video distraction, but it did during my post workout stretch, and I’m sure I need to do more than touch my toes, I think I have a book on stretching I need to pull out, and now I’m just in bad mood. I don’t think walking for 40 minutes three times a week is going to make me lose ten pounds. I can’t believe I been suckered into the whole gym mentality. This sucks. Whenever I did the hot yoga I always left in a great mood. All sweaty and toned feeling. Granted I didn’t get to watch my show but it was good me time. Wow even two episodes of Gilmore Girls isn’t cheering me up and I can’t eat pizza because I just worked out. Ew I’m one of those girls. People I know you all work out, you tell me you do, how do you deal?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it just takes awhile...keep at it. Get an ipod..it makes thing much more enjoyable. I find that Aerosmith and Madonna make the best workout music.

Anonymous said...

I recommend getting lots of magazine subscriptions and reading them on whatever machine you're on. Except the treadmill, that doesn't work.

Seriously though, no matter how good my music mix, the time just flies if I'm reading the latest about Britney endangering her baby, Charlie Sheen and hookers (yes, again), and "Who wore it best?"...