Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Oh Oprah

So I think I'm going to get that "perfect white t-shirt" from the Oprah show last week. (Aryn I know we talked about this) -- I’ve totally succumb -- between my mother and Oprah and the horrible white T that I’m wearing today. It’s like I have no choice. It could be really perfect and really soft. Besides I have new shoes. I have tossed the colorfully cute sneakers of last week and moved on to a tasteful and fun flat, some sophisticated yet still shimmery slides, and well a new pair of camo-sparkle sneakers (but they are very ‘late 20s’ looking). I’m trying to look a bit more sophisticated – a bit more put together these days. So in addition to the perfect white T-shirt I’m looking for a replacement for my Tulane sweatshirts that keep me so warm at the freezing cold offices that I work at, a new computer bag that is not a neon orange backpack – and if I am truthful to myself it is very junior high—but it is so cheery and has such great pockets! It’s a little bit sad because my sweatshirts are so warm and cuddly but I suppose you aren’t really suppose to look warm and cuddly in an office – I mean everyone else does but since I’m not going to blow out my hair every day the least I could do is where a shirt to work that requires ironing. Besides it does get old to answer questions about going to school in New Orleans. As one approaches thirty I suppose its time to retire the college stuff, that and my mom saved me a couple episodes of “What Not to Wear” and Clinton and Stacey were pretty firm on that subject (as they are with most subjects – that they deem unfashionable).

BTW, people if you are off to Oprah to see this small bit of perfection that I’ve decide to blow fifty bucks on please I beg you --- save yourself and do NOT read the message boards. I know the Oprah audience looks all pretty and sophisticated but those are not the people who leave messages on the show message boards. These people do not understand what the message boards are for. It is NOT I repeat NOT a full access path to Oprah herself. (She is not Shonda Rhimes--although Shonda should totally be on Oprah sometime). She will not read your pleas, she will not find it in her heart to respond to some psycho without spell check. This is not how she decides to make people’s dreams come true, I think for that you have to send in a video, or a real letter or email. Besides that whole dreams bus thing was last year.
Oprah gave us Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and Bob Greene, they helped her with legal battles, heart problems and weight problems – These people have made her life better, you just cry on her beg for more stuff. For that she is not going to start your small business for you so you can make a zillion dollars off your half-baked invention!

3 comments:

robin marie said...

ugh... you are one of oprah's little minions!!! please, no! anything but that!?!??! fine. go buy the $50 tee... but please - do not give testimonial as to how oprah is like unto god. i may just barf on you this weekend.

Maggie May said...

I SO did NOT give testimonial as to how oprah is like unto god! I just said she is not going to help the crazy people who leave message on the mesage boards and dream bus thing was last year. Please no barfing on me this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ditch the backpack, keep the sweatshirts. Buy a cute jacket to mix it up.

Clinton and Stacy can just bite you. Unlike SOME people(C & S) YOU went to college, be proud.

20's inspired camo-sparkle sneakers..something I never thought could be invented.