Monday, May 22, 2006

Barry and Bachelor Update

Okay so there was no Barry and no bachelors. It was the saddest thing I’ve seen in a while. We go to the box office to pickup our tickets and she was like sorry we have bad news, the show has been cancelled due to technical difficulties. The way the jaws dropped around me… we thought for a moment we were on candid camera. But no she assured us it was not going to happen. So we walked away stunned, a little numb to the news. But then we realized we could still perhaps meet the man. So we head back to the stage, a line of older women who had planned this weekend around this event. Nobody had told them yet, but you could slowly see the news break down the line. I thought the scene at the box office was bad, but this, this was disbelief then shock and hurt then anger. They weren’t going to stand for this, they had come from all over the country, the world. These New York women had no intention of leaving without seeing Barry. A couple of about 60-70 had come from England to see this show this weekend. They booked it in February for their anniversary. They came from England to LAS VEGAS TO SEE BARRY!! The husband was not going to let his wife down and demand they somehow make up for this catastrophe. The wife turned to me, still stunned, looking at me, asking me if this was all true, was this happening. People disappointed old people is seriously the saddest thing. People love the Barry. So we were off to recover with a little bit of Mexican food and some deep thought conversation. Then we were back to our hotel and since I fell asleep in the cab back I realized I was too tired to go to a bachelor party. Good thing because as one of my friends pointed out I probably wouldn’t want to be attending a “Vegas Bachelor Party.”

But do not despair because it turns out when you hold your breath till you turn purple you get what you want (good to keep in mind). I got to go to the Sugarland concert that they had at the pool last night. Not only did we get our tickets comp-ed but we also were put up in a bungalow and it turns out that two bungalows down was a group from Budweiser. They gave us free beer. So last night was perfect summer night weather, we all had lounge chairs, and nice co-workers, and free beer, and we got to make fun of the slutty girl who was dancing in a way her mother would never want to see and then eventually took her clothes off to reveal a cute bathing suit top but the bottoms didn’t match which made us believe that it wasn’t actually a bathing suit. So overall a good night.

To come – my most embarrassing moment – trust me it’s a whole other story that requires its own entry because its gotten so out of hand.

For a sneak peak of my most embarrassing moment or if that doesn't work just look for Rock Honors and a video or two should show up.

No comments: