Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm totally procratinating here

So I should be packing right now. Actually I should be packed. I've been home for almost seven hours. I've been on the phone, planning quilts that I started over two years ago, reorganizing fabric for all the quilts I think of but never finish. I've been trying to watch everything on my TiVo because I go out of town for a week starting tomorrow. I just watched the series finale of the West Wing, nothing shocking just a nice ending. I think I may have missed the episode right before but doesn't make much different. I just think how sad it is for all of them to be leaving for their show. How sad it would be at the end of two terms to leave the white house. I always wanted to be a first lady but it occurs to me the likely hood of that is slim considering the ambivalence I have towards politics. But I don't think people work toward being first lady I think some how you just end up there. Who even thinks to become President. It's weird but in twenty years I could be married to someone who wants to be President and I think that's kind of amazing. Maybe he just started out getting involved in city politics -- I know I watch to much television. But life is unexpected. People call out of the blue. People who you think were only meant to be in your life for a moment end up sticking around, an unexpected connection. I'm always wondering how my life will turn out, I take for granted that I will get married and have kids but I'm almost 28 I mean I still have a good ten years (not that life ends at 40-- but really it's nothing like being in your 20s) but I'm starting to meet more people in their mid to late 30s who aren't married, who aren't on any path to a family of four with a dog and a pool. Anyway its going to happen out of the blue I just know I'm going to be surprised by the whole situation which is exciting. I'm going to have other careers which even more exciting, especially since I can barely think of another job I could do besides my current one. I'm going to end up doing something else and miss my script days. Miss staying up all night watching TV and pretending to pack before "business trips" It won't be as moving as leaving a hit TV show or the white house but it will still be a little sad for me.
anyway this could just go on but I really should pack and get ready next week.

No comments: