Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Day 3

Not an easy day... still fun but you know there is more pressure to get up and and really I want to go to the outside.  Even Pam (who has never even tried to surf before) made it to the outside, so really its just four girls but I want to be one of them.  I was apparently to tired to get it together today but they didn't end up going out there because the waves were to big or they were too tired.  I guess that's why they plan the canopy tour for today.  I'll be zip line-ing through the forest, or something like that.  Either way I'm pretty excited about it.  Ooh so Alexandra a Canadian who is a lawyer in NY cut her head open today, they took her to the emergency room, she needed a couple of stitches, kind of scary.  But she will be fine and now have a forever reminder about her time in costa rica, I guess I'll just get the picture instead, although I do have a couple of nice bruises.  Ohh so for those interested have moved off the soft top to a regular 9 foot long board.  And I even waxed it this morning, I of course slid right off it most of the day but I think it will be good in the long run. 
And I have to tell you this other funny story.  So Britt has been telling us about the iguana that stares at her in the room and every time we hear the monster noise we're like oh there goes the iguana.  So we were talking about it at morning yoga and we heard the monster cry and we were like "oh the iguana the iguana" like ten of us were talking about it.  And she turns to us and is like that's a howling monkey.  But she doesn't speak great english so we thought we didn't understand her but our fluent spanish speakers were like that's what she said a howling monkey!  turns out iguanas don't make any noise.  So now its twice Britt has led us a stray with bad information, from here on out we are asking for her sources.
Should practice pop ups but probably won't -- maybe I'll get a smoothie and do some mind ones instead :)

No comments: