Friday, August 03, 2007

Change my ass, not my life.... Pam´s thoughts on ¨the science of yoga¨

I have so much to tell you and I can barely remember it all!  First I can´t even explain how bruised bitten and burned I am.  I have a bruise from the fin of the surfboard like three fingers deep.  It looks like big purple lips and I totally burned my lower back and upper legs mostly because i think that my board shorts are unlucky.  they are just really hard to pop up in, they stick to your legs, I don´t know how boys manage really.  Still haven´t gone the outside, well i kind of did but it doesn´t really count because there was a channel.  so this afternoon is the day.  i´m ready i had a good morning. 
oooh i didn´t tell you how zip line-ing went.  I pretty much screamed the whole way --but still is was so much fun.  But i kind of made our guide nervous,  i guess a lot of people aren´t screamers, which i dont´understand because we are going through trees crazy fast.  but I scream on waves, when I get one, when i´m tackled by one, its kind of become a stress reliever at this point.  ohh today we had our last group yoga session . it was great, we did kundlini (sp) so lots of breathing and up and down and turning-- very cardio but great.  and at the end during mediation she was like one more ex cerise,  the ¨laughing exercises¨ so we just lay there and she laughs, which makes us laugh and everybody cracks up because everyone else is laughing.  it was hysterical, i could´t stop laughing.  apparently is a new thing, something to google, laughing yoga.  it might become one of my favorites.  oh and we have this little dog scooby that follows us around all the time, he sleeps outside mine and elen´s bungalow,  he´s looks kind of like a puppy golden retiever but he´s not, like i don´t think he´s going to get big.  and he joined us for yoga and even met us the beach for pizza, he´s very protective of the whole group, its so cute!  It makes me almost want one, till I seem him scratching and biting and then I´m kind of like ew big germ. 
so yesterday (day 4) morning surf was awesome.  I got up all the time and was turning and was awesome non stop.  then we wen´t to the special afternoon spot which was not nearly as fun. first the waves were to big then they were gone but we did do the paddle relay which my team won.  But really all i wanted to do was go back in.  I´m kind of done with the surfing, not that it isn´t fun.  but I´m about ready to come home.  Next week I have all sorts of things planned but I¨m kind of tired of being covered in salt and sunblock.  at some point you want to not be sticky.  (For those (one) of you who don´t like lotion, i finally get it!)
so tomorrow is our last day so I am triyng to get all i can out of this so I will be going to the 730 surf and I have a semi private yoga session with alexandra (the one who cut her eye) at 645.  I know I¨m a total morning person, because those freaking birds!  I´m kind of over the birds too but not the guacamole or the caprinah (lime sugar and brazilian liquor).  alright a few afternoon sun salutations to prepare for the afternoon surf. hopefully my next one will be all aobut the big wave i caught --maybe just maybe :)

No comments: