Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just call me sporty spice

Okay people I have a whole new hobby. I am a rafter, a white water rafter. Yes I love it.  Today was seriously one of my favorite days in costa rica.  I love rafting, it was only a level three and nothing really exciting happened.  I really need a 4.5 or 5 I´m so sporty I totally loved it.  And I jumped of a rock in to the rapids (almost rapid rapids) I really do need to become a better swimmer.  And there are more pictures of me being adventureous. are you excited -- I will post them but you must leave comments about how cool i look being all sporty.  Okay so let me tell you about today´s tour group. Three Philipino families -- 14 all together.  I do believe a family that paddles together stays together.  They are from texas, via new jersey.  and they were so awesome.  all the kids and the mom´s were a crack up-- always giving sage advice.  the kids would read on the bus then talk about what they would read and then discuss as a family.  If my kids would turn out like that I would totally have three.  So what I¨ve gathered it´s very important to stay home with them and know what you believe in your heart before college so professor don´t sway you with lies.  because anyone can write a book but it doesn´t have to be true. They were all so fabulous.  And there was a high school grad. who just joined the army and is getting ready to go michigan state in the fall with a girl who was an exchange student from costa rica and she wants to go there in the spring.  but i don´t think they were together.  just good friends.  I know totally matters to you :)  Anyway his family had 4 Sudanese foster kids.  Cool.  Nice nice people. oh and these like 70 year olds from puerto rico. such a cute couple I asked them for there email address because i was going to send them the photos of us rafting and they gave me a po box.  I don´t know if they really understood what rafting was.  I am an amazing rafter. I think i mentioned it.  the colorado river is calling me and maybe another river called middleford or something close to that in CA our rafting guide recommend it.
Oh and I come home tomorrow so excited. I miss being home and a choice of clothes and my bed and my boyfriend and my blackberry. I may even miss work just a little...
 

1 comment:

Aryn said...

I totally want to go rafting with you once you get back :-)