Sunday, January 08, 2006

3 Things

First, I'm adding to my new year's resolutions. I'm not saying, "Ooh but I want to get marrrrrried" in my cry baby voice for the rest of the year! Other smaller resolutions include working out (The number of years I have left to have a Maxim stomach are quickly passing me by.); to read at the very least one book a month (I went on half.com and order a bunch of books. The first one I got "Number the Stars: Lois Lowry," um yeah, it turns out it's a children's book, young adult really. So January will be easy.); and I thought this year I might try to be early for everything- at least on time, which really means no more procrastinating (So far its actually going well, I realize I have a lot more downtime when I'm early. If I remember to take a book with me, the book one will be no problem!).

Second, my new favorite “make me laugh site” www.chucknorrisfacts.com my favorite line being:

“Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the fuck down.”

OMG I’m still laughing about this!! Who knew I was a Chuck Norris fan?

Yeah and I am a fan of Sudoku, which has nothing to do with CN, but I love them and I love the new wacky ones they over lap or have silly rules just to change things up a bit.


And my third thing is just a funny story – I constantly crack myself up. So one of my gifts was a book called “The Pathfinder,” it’s a strategy book for changing careers or having a new perspective on the one you already have. So those that know me know that I’m always looking for a new idea of who I want to be and what I want to do. So after getting distracted while reading the intro I decide to make a list, because I love to make lists. Then I pause for a moment and think how nice it would be if I could just find a job that I got to make lists all day long – OMG I would just love it! This causes me to take another pause when I realize that is my exact job description. I literally make lists and revise them all day long for weeks at a time. So it turns out I don’t need a new career after all. And I guess I don’t need to read the book so yeah back to the young adults section for February.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yo yo yo - what part of Hollywood do you live? I used to live at Sunset/Doheny.

Anonymous said...

Number the Stars..(Laugh)..yes I read that in 6th grade..its actually really good if that makes you feel any better.

Yes..I don't do the "I want to get married" thing because..as we know..life is not like Sex and the City and we are not all "Charlottes" who manage to find not one...but TWO men to marry in like 2 seasons.

I did the VCR/DVD player thing...I bought a lemon...the DVD part works...the VCR eats tapes..but I don't want to admit that for a short while I felt really smart about my choice and my ability to pick out electronics...then...the movie "Elizabeth" came out in shreds.
I miss boyfriends for three things:1)back massages 2)sex 3)cuddling
(conversation optional)
I'm starting to think that I need a male prostitute and a dog...not a boyfriend.