Sunday, July 29, 2007

Seen a few lizards, a squirrel and some all white cows....

Not to worry I've made it to Mal Pais in one piece.  So far the other girls on the trip seem pretty nice.  Everyone seems to be to tired to be social.  But they've assured each other after a nice shower and nap they will be much more chatty.  So the hotel is great, we can walk to the beach and internet access.  I was in my room less than 20 minutes before I put my swim suit on... I've tried to check out the town a bit and get some chapstick but its sunday so things seem pretty closed... however the ice cream was open which was very nice.  It is of course hot but not unbearable in the least. I think this will be good.  I'm now really feeling bad for not working out more before I came but really no point in thinking about that now.  I did remember a lot of advil so I'm sure it will all be good.  Met a few characters--- some crazy beverly hills mom who is totally going to hook up with some rich guy out here and had to tell us her son is friends with Billy Idol's daughter, does anyone care about her and the fact that she thinks its a good idea to wear a slip as a dress?  Yeah neither did we... And her newphew was there too, had to mention he was in a band as if it wasn't obvious from all his air guitar and what could almost be considered singing but was really more of a yelling mumble while we were and many others were waiting for our connecting flights.  and she's had her son's nanny for ten years, he's now 18, and the nanny speaks perfect english and she doesn't speak a word of spanish, even though this lady raised her child and now is her personal assistant, because OMG what would she do if she had to leave her house fora whole week, "I mean someone could rob me." 
Anyway tomorrow morning we begin the surf adventure... I'm hoping I'll be good at it, not that I'm super athletic or anything but I am a water sign so I should be at one with the waves... and I figure that has got to help right...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.