Monday, July 10, 2006

A Candy Crush?

So one of the best things that can happen when you have a crush who doesn’t like you back is to go get a new one. A cute boy at work gave me a piece of candy today, and I think that may have done it. Not that I’m over L5 – I’m just not going to obsess any more because its painfully obvious that he’s not liking me like I’m liking him. And really what can you do. Nothing but get a new crush. Now this was just one little piece of candy so it’s not serious. (Although he only had four pieces and gave me one, even though he wasn’t going to be able to get anymore for several hours.) But L5 doesn’t call, probably because he’s waiting for his L5 to call and that I realize is the cycle. Everybody likes the person to their right, it amazing that the human race can flourish the way it does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, L5 clearly doesn't know what he's missing.

but, you know, better to find out that he was all potential and no substance now than, say, a few months down the road.

maybe we need to start looking left for a change, shake things up. people always say they marry the person who was unlike everyone else they dated--so maybe what that really means is they finally stopped looking right.

something to think about, no?

Anonymous said...

What kind of candy?

I'm a sucker for toblerone and sour gummi worms personally. Have been known to give myself to a man based on the giving of a truffle.

Your L5 needs to go with most of my men..ie:straight off a short pier.

Maggie May said...

it was one of those bite size snickers. I know I'm too easy.