Friday, April 07, 2006

Why can’t I dance like Beyoncé?

I listen to her a lot when I work out so her music is constantly in my head. It’s good “get over the crap in your life and move on to something better” kind of music. It’s great when I’m on the treadmill thinking about life stuff, but when I’m home in front of the mirror its just plain frustrating, there’s nothing worse than watching me try to dance like Beyoncé. But I have a new pink almost magenta “I Love Seth Cohen” t-shirt. How could I not buy it! Seth didn’t get into Brown, that’s sad, I’m glad to I didn’t worry to much about getting my heart set on someplace specific – how heartbreaking to not get into your dream school. Little does he know life works out for the best. I didn’t have my heart set on most of the things I did, for that matter do, but I really can’t imagine things going much better. Well I suppose I could imagine things better, but I can have quite the imagination at times, not to say that those things are going to come along sooner or later. But I’ve never really had my heart set on one thing that I didn’t get, hmmm actually I can think of two things I didn’t get but one is because I really wasn’t good enough to do it, and the other someone wanted it so much more than me. And I really don't think things would be that different today if I had done both of those other things.
Anyway back to the Cohen shirt, I actually went out looking for a black skirt to wear with my black boots for show day tomorrow. My mom thinks I could step it up in the wardrobe department, add a little sophistication here and there. I wanted to spend my tax return on diamond earrings, she thinks a wardrobe update would be more suitable. She’s not necessarily wrong but if you think about it, if you are wearing diamond earrings everything looks more sophisticated. So anyway this purchase is just an example of how I ended up with a jeans and t-shirts wardrobe over a smartly put together wardrobe, not that I don’t want a great wardrobe because I do, sometimes I want to wear something other than funny little t-shirts but when I go out shopping I really have no idea what to buy, and funny t-shirts make me laugh, but recently I’ve made some friends who accessorize well and we’ve been shopping and plan to go again so things are looking up. And diamond earrings seem a little frivolous so maybe I’ll just get a new bag and leave it at that. Only June will tell, I suppose dance class could be added to the list of possibilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy fake studs...much better to either get real as a gift. Plus you may lose one and then you will cry.

Buy some killer boots and cute tops...instant sophistication.

Bag needs: taupe, brown, black...preferably from a high-end company. Don't buy into too trendy or you will regret it and get only one season out of them.

No need to be Lindsey Lohan or Jessica Simpson..they both are vapid and suck.